Rocky Mountain National Park is a haven for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers. Known for its awe-inspiring landscapes, abundant wildlife, and pristine alpine beauty. Thanks to these natural wonders the park attracts more than 4 million visitors each year. However, as its popularity grew, the park faced challenges in managing its delicate ecosystems while ensuring a quality visitor experience. In response, RMNP implemented a timed entry permit system (TEPS) to regulate the number of visitors entering the park. One guaranteed way to secure your entry permit and enhance your experience is by booking a tour with Good Bull Guided Tours, a reputable tour company that provides personalized, private tours, and includes the timed entry permit for free!
Understanding the Timed Entry Permit System: The permit system has been and continues to be modified each year. This information is ONLY VALID FOR RMNP TEPS 2023! If you’ve booked a guided tour you don’t need to worry about the When, Where, Who, What, etc. Your tour includes your TEPS Permit.
When: The TEPS is active from May 26th through October 22nd from 9am to 2pm outside the Bear Lake Corridor and 5am to 6pm inside the Bear Lake Corridor. During those days, if you’ve secured a TEPS permit from recreation.gov you’ll be given a two-hour window to enter the park. Be sure you plan for traffic, construction, and other delays to make sure you can get to the gate within those two hours. Once you have your window sticker, which you’ll get at the gate as you enter the park, you can stay as long as you like but if you leave during the hours of the day that TEPS is active you won’t be allowed to return until the time-of-day TEPS is no longer active. You’ll need a permit for each day you plan to be in RMNP if you’re wanting to enter during the TEPS timeframe.
Where: There are two zones for the TEPS permits – “Park Access” and “Park Access+”. The Park Access permit is valid for all of RMNP EXCEPT the Bear Lake Corridor. That means if you want to visit Trail Ridge Road, Lily Lake, Fall River, Kawuneeche Valley, Wild Basin, Lumpy Ridge, or literally any part of the park except the Bear Lake Corridor – this is the pass for you. The Park Access+ permit is valid for the entire park INCLUDING the Bear Lake Corridor.
Who: Each vehicle needs two things to enter the park – a timed entry permit during the TEPS timeframe and a park pass. If you are one group traveling in two vehicles – both vehicles will need a TEPS and a park pass. If you have a guided tour with multiple vehicles, each vehicle will require a park pass but your guided tour will cover your TEPS for BOTH vehicles. Your guide may issue you a paper or electronic TEPS permit for any vehicle the guide is not occupying.
How: TEPS permits can be obtained by two means – the first is reserving your permit through recreation.gov. The second is to book a guided tour, other activity (like a horseback ride with access to the park) or have a reservation at a campground within RMNP. Camping at Aspenglen campground or Glacier Basin campground include a Park Access+ permit and camping at Timber Creek Campground includes your Park Access permit.
The Benefits of Booking with Good Bull Guided Tours: When planning your visit to Rocky Mountain National Park, navigating the intricacies of the timed entry system can be overwhelming. However, Good Bull Guided Tours simplifies the process by including your timed entry permit as part of your tour packages and helps you understand what kind of park pass options exist and how you need to obtain it. Here's a few other advantages:
1. Hassle-Free Experience: Good Bull Guided Tours takes care of all the logistical details, including securing your timed entry permit and picking you up so you don’t have to worry about navigating the entrance gates alone or figuring out what pass you need. They explain the entrance process and handle the TEPS permit on your behalf, allowing you to focus on enjoying the breathtaking beauty of the park without the stress.
2. Expert Guidance: One of the significant advantages of opting for a guided tour is the wealth of knowledge and expertise provided by experienced tour guides. Good Bull Guided Tours employs knowledgeable guides who are passionate about Rocky Mountain National Park and its natural wonders. They offer insightful commentary, share interesting facts about the park's flora and fauna, and guide you to the best spots for wildlife viewing and scenic vistas. An educational tour from GBGT will help deepen your appreciation for the natural wonder of this great park and the Estes Valley as well.
3. Tailored Itineraries: Good Bull Guided Tours offers a variety of tour options but understand whatever tour you book can be 100% customized even during the tour. Whether you prefer a leisurely stroll along picturesque trails or a wildlife photo safari including camera instruction ranging from beginner to expert, they can customize an itinerary that makes the most of your visit to RMNP.
4. Access to Hidden Gems: Rocky Mountain National Park boasts numerous hidden gems that only the seasoned locals and knowledgeable guides know about. GBGT ensures you won't miss out, taking you off the beaten path (if that’s what you want for your tour) to discover wildlife and places you didn’t know you needed to visit.
5. Environmental Stewardship: By booking a tour with Good Bull Guided Tours, you support sustainable tourism practices. GBGT is committed to preserving the natural integrity of Rocky Mountain National Park and we adhere to Leave No Trace principles, promote responsible visitor behavior, and educate tour participants about minimizing their ecological footprint.
Rocky Mountain National Park's timed entry permit system has proven to be an effective way to manage visitation and preserve the park's natural resources while providing a better experience for visitors during peak hours. When planning your visit, opting for a tour with Good Bull Guided Tours offers an array of benefits, including the convenience of a guaranteed timed entry permit for the entire park. With their expertise and passion for the park, you can immerse yourself in the wonders of RMNP while leaving the logistics and planning in capable hands. Embark on an unforgettable adventure and experience the magic of this iconic national park with Good Bull Guided Tours! As always, if you have any questions about the tours, visiting RMNP, or the TEPS system just reach out to Good Bull Guided Tours.